Having worked for most of my life in the charity sector – in the UK and overseas – I have tried recently to combine my photography with a continuing involvement with charities. This works two ways for me: it gives me the opportunity to do some interesting social photography and also allows me to provide something of use to the charities.
I’ve listed a few of these assignments below. Click on any to lead to some of the photos produced:
- Pictures for annual reviews and promotional material for Lift, a charity working with people in Brent who are homeless and/or unemployed and in need of support;
- Recording events and activities for Bede House Association, that operates in Bermondsey and Rotherhithe;
- An oral history and photographic record of the Somali diaspora in Brent for SAAFI and Brent Museums and Archives;
- A record of some of the charitable work supported by the Lloyds Bank Foundation for England and Wales.
- A record of Mental Health Awareness Week 2015 on behalf of the Mental Health Foundation.
Lift – consultation with stakeholders
Lloyds Bank Foundation consultation with grant recipients
Launch of the Mental Health Awareness Week 2015